|Photo Credit: George GrimmHowell|
Mom's 7-Up Pie Crust Recipe
- 5 cups pastry flour, sifted
- 1 lb. or four sticks butter, cold
- 1 12 oz. can 7-Up soda, very cold
- Measure the flour into a large bowl,
- Slice the butter sticks into one inch pieces and add to the flour.
- Using a pastry blender, cut the cold butter into the flour until it is the consistency of small peas or rice kernels.
- Add the full can of 7-Up and stir to mix well.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour.
- Divide dough in fourths and roll each fourth into a circle.
- Fold the circle into fourths and put the corner point in the center of your pie plate, then unfold the dough.
- Press the dough into the pie plate, shaping the edges around the rim.
- Prick the bottom and sides with a fork to prevent shrinkage when baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown (10 - 20 minutes).
Did You Know?
A pastry cutter is also known
as a pastry blender.
Grocery List for 7-Up Pie Crust
12 oz. can 7-Up
Have you ever made a homemade 7-Up pie crust?